https://i1.wp.com/frameworkpersonaltraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/framework-personal-training-reno-right-trainer.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1 800 1200 Framework http://frameworkpersonaltraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/framework.png Framework2018-01-02 20:20:162018-01-02 20:20:16How to Find the Right Personal Trainer for You
How to Find the Right Personal Trainer for You
Improving your fitness is a common New Year’s resolution, and many people make the commitment by investing in a personal trainer. That’s a smart idea, assuming that you can find the right trainer for the job. Here’s how you can ensure that you’re making a solid investment and avoid throwing money away on something that just doesn’t work.
It’s Called “Personal” Training for a Reason
It takes a little research to discover if a trainer is a good fit for you, but it’s worth it. Here’s what to consider during the selection process.
- Credentials are critical. Make sure that any personal trainer you hire is certified through an accredited organization. That way, you’ll know they’ve successful met standards of professionalism and competence.
- There’s no substitute for experience. While there’s nothing wrong with giving a new trainer a chance, you might find that someone with experience is a little more effective. That’s because they’ve had time to test and perfect the process, so you know you’ll get the most out of your sessions.
- Personality matters. Different trainers have different styles, so spend some time thinking about what motivates you. Do you respond well to the drill sergeant approach? Prefer positive reinforcement? Talk to your potential trainer and ask specifically about his or her approach. That’s the best way to see if it will line up with what works best for you.
- Factor for availability. Consistency and frequency are critical to your success in the gym, so ask about a trainer’s schedule. How many clients does he or she have? How structured is the scheduling? How far in advance do you need to schedule sessions? What’s the cancellation policy?
- Consider location. From a private studio to a traditional gym setting, certified personal trainers work in lots of environments. Where do you want to train? How far are you willing to drive? Make sure you know where you’ll be working out, and what it will take to get there.
- What about word of mouth? Nothing speaks to a trainer’s success like referrals. Ask for references, look online for reviews, and do what you can to review a trainer’s reputation.
- Trust your gut. Use these tips as guidelines instead of rules – if some things matter more to you than others, feel free to focus on those. And above all, trust your gut.
Here at Framework Personal Training in Reno, we congratulate you on the decision to improve your personal fitness and we welcome the opportunity to help. Contact us now to learn more about our private, by-appointment studio and our trainers.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!