It’s the season of giving, but don’t put yourself last. You can’t pour from an empty cup, or so the saying goes, and at Framework Personal Training, we agree. Prioritizing your own mental and physical health isn’t selfish or silly, and we all benefit from consistent, mindful movement, particularly as we age. If you’re making a gift list, we have ten reasons seniors should get themselves a personal trainer this holiday season.
Ten Benefits of Exercise
- Improved health in the form of reduced risks of illnesses and disease, plus an improvement in immune and digestive function.
- Weight maintenance, particularly since the metabolism slows with age.
- Increased bone density and strength, which can help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Enhanced cardiovascular health and a reduced risk of heart disease, particularly when you combine a mix of strength and cardio training.
- Improved mental health, as exercise has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression and improve our sense of well-being.
- Reduced risk of falls, since fitness helps improve coordination and balance along with building stronger muscles and bones.
- Improved quality of sleep, thanks to an increase in core body temperature, which helps promote sleep.
- Reduced risk of hypertension, along with lower stress levels.
- Improved social wellness, since fitness can be a reason to get out the door.
- Improved energy and mental clarity, which helps us feel young at heart.
A personal trainer can help you reap all of these benefits, and that’s especially true with a trainer who specializes in senior fitness. Here at Framework Personal Training in Reno, we’re proud to train a number of active seniors. We prioritize functional training, which mimics day-t0-day movements, to help you stay flexible and strong. Plus, every program is customized to meet our seniors exactly where they are when they walk in the door and help them safely progress to their unique fitness goals.
For many people, the hardest part of working out is knowing what to do and how to begin. At our private gym, we’ll show you exactly how to perform every movement to minimize the risk of injury and ensure you’re getting the most out of your workouts. It’s never too late to get started, and we invite you to contact us today to learn more.