As businesses re-open, the weather warms, and we collectively head outside, it’s an opportunity to change up your workouts. If you aren’t thrilled to back at it with a personal trainer here at Framework Personal Training and your home workouts are starting to feel a little repetitive, training outside can be a (literal) breath of fresh air. So if the idea of a private, by-appointment personal training session doesn’t appeal to you, follow these tips for summer fitness outside.
Summer Fitness Training Tips
- No matter where you’re training, make sure to stay probably hydrated. By the time you register thirst, you’re already dehydrated, so don’t let yourself get to that point. Make a point of drinking water before, during, and after your workout.
- Warm up properly. You may feel warm because of the beautiful weather, but your body still needs time to properly stretch and prepare for the workout to come. Don’t dive straight into a workout without some warming up – it needlessly puts you at risk of injury.
- Wear sunscreen and dress appropriately. Sweat-wicking fabrics in lighter colors will keep you cooler, and you should apply a layer of sweat-proof sunscreen to any areas that will be exposed to the sun.
- Plan for the heat. Plan to work out in the mornings or evenings, when temperatures are cooler. If mid-day is really your only option for a workout, make sure you have access to plenty of shade, keep your water handy, and pay attention to your body. Overdoing it in high temperatures can put you at risk of major issues, including heat exhaustion and even heat stroke, so be safe and take necessary precautions, even if that means more breaks that you’re used to.
- Cool down properly. Your body needs to time to deregulate after a workout, so move through some easy stretches while you give your heart rate a chance to come down.
Need More Tips?
Training outside has its perks, but if you aren’t sure how to begin or how to get the most bang for your effort, it may be worth considering a personal trainer. The certified professionals here at Framework Personal Training in Reno can safely guide you through a personalized plan to help you reach your goals efficiently and effectively. You’ll enjoy the benefit of their experience and knowledge in a safe, professional setting. If you’re ready to get started, and the idea of partnering with someone who can offer valuable guidance sounds helpful, contact us today and let’s schedule a consultation to answer all of your questions.